Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wisconsin Art

Sunrise, Lake Minocqua















I LOVE these two pictures from portalwisconsin.org. They both have amazing contrast, lines, and shadows. They also share a kind of asymmetrical balance that is interesting with the scenery.
Law Office

PortalWisconsin was an effective website to use. I really appreciated the professional manner of this site. It was nice, because not only was it well organized and easy to operate, but that enhanced my overall experience discovering new photography and artwork.
    It also gave off a very strong sense of community. I could tell that by their scheduled activities and events, their many offered opportunities for grants or internships, and recognition of the effort kids put into their art, that this site is very intune to its community, especially its young artists.




Artsboard.wisconsin.gov

I didn't really like this website. It was confusing to use. I couldn't even find a section of the site for photography, so there's no pictures. However, I did learn that they offer many grant programs, internships, and they promote art in many different ways. It's a very good site for community building among lovers of art.





Kitchen LightScholastic.com was really fun to look through. It was an easy way to discover art from fellow students. I really like these two pictures because the contrast and editing is intense and caught my eye instantly. It makes me wonder what the photographer was thinking when they took these. I learned three things from this site. First, was that scholastic had programs to recognize young artists! I wasn't even aware they did this. Second, I learned that they could offer scholarships for the fortunate young artists who stood out. Lastly, I learned that professional, well-respected and well recognized artists are a part of this board. How cool would it be to have your art praised by Andy Warhol?!




Behind The Wire






No comments:

Post a Comment